The Technology Support Center (TSC) provides assistance for those using Georgia Tech's computing resources. We offer a variety of Walk-In Support services, Telephone Services, and 24/7 Self-Service options to the students, faculty and staff of Georgia Tech. Services offered include:
Our office is located in room 215 on the 2nd floor of the Clough Commons building.
The TSC provides OS diagnostics & troubleshooting, OS installation (installation media required), Virus and Spyware monitoring and installation applications free of charge to all students. Visit us today to ensure your system is protected or to identify and remove any possible virus or spyware infection. In order for us to provide our customers with OUTSTANDING SERVICE, please have the following tasks completed, and the following items available when you visit the Technology Support Center for assistance.
1. Be sure that you have a current backup of all of your personal documents, images, etc... and have this data with you!
2. For any software you would like installed; Operating Systems, (i.e. Microsoft Windows) or applications (i.e. Microsoft Office) you MUST bring your Installation media (Preferably on a flash drive). For Windows 8 and 10, you can download the software from Microsoft's website, provided that you have the correct license for it.
3. Be sure to bring the recovery media that you have created based on the instruction that your machine's manufacturer provided. If you have not created this media, or you are not aware of how to do this process, TSC technicians will be more than happy to assist you in this process. Please be aware that this will need to be completed before we can continue with the repair of your machine.
4. Bring the battery charger for your machine.
5. Your machine should be in good physical condition.(No broken screens or dismantled parts etc.)
OS X 10.11 Capitan
OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Need help activating your GT Account or forgot your password? We can assist quickly and ensure your central services are enabled. For online account management, check out the self-serve portal PASSPORT.
For assistance with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, VISTA or Mac OS X, we can help you properly configure your laptop or your wireless smart device. For online configuration assistance, check out The Georgia Tech LAWN (Local Area Walkup & Wireless Network).
If you have questions regarding what kind of computer you should buy, the latest in computer technology, smart devices or questions about technology in general, feel free to stop by and ask one of our technicians. We will be glad to assist you! Also, feel free to visit our Demo Area to "test drive" various laptops from Dell®, Lenovo® and Apple®.